Therma Tech II™ door sections are made using two steel skins for the front and back of the door with a true thermal break which does not transfer the cold and heat from the exterior skin to the interior skin, thus achieving optimal performance.
The two skins are laminated with liquid moisture cured, CFC free, Urethane adhesive and sandwiched around a rigid Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) insulated core.
Northwest Door focused on the use of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) as a more stable, higher quality and environmentally friendly insulating material, ideally suited for garage door applications.
A COMPLETE SEAL SYSTEMDrafts, (technical term – Air Migration) will also quickly negate any insulation you have and as the saying goes;
“A fridge is only as good as the quality of its seals.”
The Therma Tech II Insulated Garage Door System from Garador is available with up to three separate seals to combat air migration.
- A thermal barrier joint seal that seals off the inherent gaps between each panel.
- A deep cushioning “U” shape flexible vinyl extrusion attached to the bottom panel to seal gaps between the door and floor.
- An optional Jamb Edge Seal System to seal any gaps there may be between the door and the opening - available in the four standard colours shown below.
APPEARANCE IS IMPORTANT IN A GARAGE DOOR
One of the critical aspects of a garage door is its surface flatness (the absence of “oil canning”).
The NWD manufacturing process takes a finished EPS sheet cut by CNC equipment and places it between the two metal faces with engineered adhesives which are then roller/heat cured in a very dimensionally controlled environment.
These exacting tolerances allow for the achievement of a much greater surface flatness over the length of the finished panel - so your garage door will look great.
IT’S ABOUT A LONGER LIFESPAN
EPS is a 'closed cell' type insulation which provides better thermal retention and less moisture absorption which, if left unchecked, can cause rust and opener wear by altering the operational characteristics of your door.
EPS is stable and provides longer lived performance as it does not degrade as other forms of insulation can.
Remember, your garage door is a moving object so inherent stresses during the open/close cycles and sun loading can severely reduce the performance of an inferior insulation over its lifespan.
A QUALITY DOOR FROM A TRUSTED BRAND
It would have been easy for us to find a cheap product from any one of a number of countries but we have a brand to protect - a brand people trust, so we went to the leader in insulated doors, one with a history of expertise and a proven track record - Northwest Door.
At 2” thick (51mm), with an integrated thermal break, a complete draft seal system and from a trusted source, your Therma Tech II™ insulated garage door from Garador will do the job right and stand the test of time.
“You can rely on Northwest Door's considerable experience of more than 20 years and hundreds of thousands of global residential and commercial door applications to insulate your home properly.”
WHO IS NORTHWEST DOOR INC?
When it comes to garage doors, Northwest Door® is a leader in innovation and quality.
Northwest is a family owned business that began in 1946 installing wooden garage doors.
Since 1970 Northwest Door has been an inventive overhead garage door manufacturer catering to the needs of the market place.
In 1989 Northwest introduced the Therma Shield, one of the first steel sandwich construction doors which has now evolved into the Therma Tech™ line.
A GREENER CHOICE?
Let's be honest, not every choice we make can be completely 'Green' and the same must be said for insulated doors, but we can limit the potential environmental impact of our choices.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) is made from expanded beads that are similar to those found in a 'bean bag' and contain approximately 98% air. The beads are injected into a moulding machine that applies steam and pressure, which fuses the beads together.
- EPS does not utilize Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC), Hydro Chlorofluorocarbon (HCFC), or Formaldehyde in its manufacturing process so there is no potential for out gassing or the release of harmful toxic chemicals over the life of the door.
- EPS is inert, stable and does not produce methane gas or contaminating leachates.
- EPS is odourless, non-toxic and can readily be recycled.
- We will suply your Therma Tech door with one of our GDO series Low Standby Power usage, DC openers, to ensure further energy saving or you can minimise your environmental impact even further with our unique solar powered battery option.
THERMA TECH II INSULATED STEEL GARAGE DOORS